cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Data manager

ptc-169947
1-Newbie

Data manager

Hi all,

As a result of a merger, we're on both SAP and Agile PLM/E1. We're also on Intralink 3.x w/Wildfire 2 with plans to go to Wildfire 5 very soon. Upper management is seriously considering moving to an Agile module called EC (Engineering collaboration) so that we're more closely integrated with Agile PLM (which will be the PLM tool in our future). EC is basically an MCAD connector that connects native CAD to PLM. I hadn't heard of EC, but after talking to some companies using it, it sounds like it's a good tool that has been made to work well with most CAD tools out there (by order of Larry Ellison). I've spoken with some users who have deep knowledge/experience with ProE who claim it's a very good tool. It cannot compete feature to feature with PDMLink, but it's a matter of weighing the benefits/losses of the lost functionality.

The question is should our PDM tool (Intralink/Agile EC) be more aligned with our PLM tool (Agile), or our CAD tool (ProE). I think the answer is our CAD tool (there are connectors out there that can integrate PDMLink with Agile too), but have found no hard evedince to not go to EC other then a gut feeling. If we were to go to PDMLink (hopefully 10.0), we would only use it as we use Intralink (which I loved, nice and simple). A data vault with rev and release level control, along with some built-in approvals.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the topic?

Thanks,
Stefan

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags