cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Data not present in Windchill performance advisor tool

ZC_10909252
8-Gravel

Data not present in Windchill performance advisor tool

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.0.2

Windchill performance advisor does not have the transmitted data Windchill is configured to send. The test transport reports that it was successful but I can only see a few license reports in the performance advisor tool. No other reports are present.

7 REPLIES 7

How long have you been using Performance Advisor?
Was the data being sent correctly and then stopped loading?

To see if there are problems on sending you can also check what is being written to the Background Method Server logs

This is a summary article of information on this topic.

[Knowledge Hub] PTC Performance Advisor

This is dedicated to Windchill

FAQ - Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill

Marco

I have been trying to use Performance advisor for a couple months but have never been able to get information in there. I attached the background server log. The first entries seem to be encountering an issue with the attribute naming length. I am new to this company so I did not set up the OIRs but I do not see in the log which OIR would be causing that character length issue if that is indeed what is preventing the report from generating and being sent to the Performance advisor. Please advise if these reports are saved in windchill, if so, where I can see the reports that are sent and what object types they are.

Regards,

Zach Crouse | CAD Administrator

zach.crouse@wabtec.com

Nordco Inc., 245 W. Forest Hill Ave., Oak Creek, WI 53154

www.Nordco.com | www.linkedin.com/company/nordco

upload_-T3V0bG9vay1lbnkzYW52NS5wbmc=-7679720134120497526..png

This transmission may include information that is confidential and/or proprietary to Nordco Inc.

If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete this email and any

attachments immediately. Thank you.

Let me preface this by saying that I've been using the Performance Advisor tool for Creo since 2018 and, since it became available (version 10.2), also for Windchill so I've had a chance to see all the transformations it has had.

It is definitely a useful tool, in theory, but it often has problems of various kinds and therefore I have had to open several calls to support for issues that I have found.

One of the things that has been changed, several times, over the last few months is the location where the reports are saved.

You used to be able to set it from the configuration page of the tool while now they are saved, automatically, within the Windchill DB and you can see them, from the GUI, by clicking on Site --> Folders.

Marco_Tosin_0-1721976776106.png

If you want to see the contents you can download them from the path above.

Marco_Tosin_1-1721976821342.png

Above are the contents of my folder, updated to the last submission made to PTC.

Below you will find what I see in my Performance Advisor dashboard for Windchill regarding transmitted data (day, type, and status).

Marco_Tosin_2-1721976973322.png

Marco

I found the folder where they are supposed to be but the folder is empty. Why wouldnt they be there? The utility is set to create some of the reports daily.
Regards,

Zach Crouse | CAD Administrator

zach.crouse@wabtec.com

Nordco Inc., 245 W. Forest Hill Ave., Oak Creek, WI 53154

www.Nordco.com | www.linkedin.com/company/nordco

upload_-T3V0bG9vay15aTBjb3ZkeS5wbmc=-2773497776469675409..png

This transmission may include information that is confidential and/or proprietary to Nordco Inc.

If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete this email and any

attachments immediately. Thank you.

Have you tried to check if they are in the Windchill location where I wrote (see comment above)?

In my case, the data are loaded directly into Windchill and are NOT in any system folder anymore, except those that are loaded once a month and are in the folder \Windchill\Temp

Marco_Tosin_0-1722234120566.png

Marco

The windchill location is empty. 

ZC_10909252_2-1722349672055.png

I would say that all that is left as a solution is to open a case to PTC support to ask them where to retrieve that information.

I don't know who deals with that in North America, here in Europe I've always dealt with a very knowledgeable technician.

Marco
Announcements

Top Tags