cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Data sharing with external manufacturer

MG_10170125
10-Marble

Data sharing with external manufacturer

Hello,

We want to give acces in our windchill to external manufacturer.
I tryied to make like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGUHwlI3Kq8&t=345s

I need to share lagre assembly but hide from manufacturer one subassembly in it. And the problem is that subassembly hided only in visualization in the Structure tab. In the Details tab they will be to see representation of whole large assembly by using Creo View.

How can I totally hide subassembly?

This PTC Windchill tutorial shows how to share objects from the PDMLink Commonspace to a ProjectLink Project, modify those objects in the Project, and then send them back to PDMLink. This process is used to collaborate with external third parties and limit the objects to which they have access ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:MG_10170125)

Are you wanting to share so that the external manufacturer explicitly sees the visualization in CreoView? Since you don't want your manufacturer to see the one sub-assembly, I imagine you're not adding it to the Project. 

If you're sharing CAD, you could consider denying permissions to Derived Image (CS67396) at the project level. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:MG_10170125)

Are you wanting to share so that the external manufacturer explicitly sees the visualization in CreoView? Since you don't want your manufacturer to see the one sub-assembly, I imagine you're not adding it to the Project. 

If you're sharing CAD, you could consider denying permissions to Derived Image (CS67396) at the project level. 

Thanks a lot!

Subassembly which I want to hide is not added in the Project. And I want them to use Creo View with another objects.

I denied permission to Derived  Image in one context with main large assembly and it resolved my problem.

Top Tags