cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Deadline permission on Tasks

Juha_Kokko
7-Bedrock

Deadline permission on Tasks

Hello,

I see this topic is 10 years old, but as I have exactly the same need, and found no solution.

I would like to grant a role from us, design project leader, rights to control the task deadlines, so that notifications are sent on the target dates. Often he does now know a realistic target date, when assigning tasks.

Unfortunately this is not possible without a customization.

Article - CS61502 - Is it possible to give the ability to Edit Deadline for assignments to certain Roles in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

RE: post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Juha_Kokko 

I can imagine that you can create own action for task to set the deadline in own wizard and in the processor update the deadline in database.

The action would be available only for specific role or group by own validator. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you want a user to change a deadline in a workflow this is doable, however it will require custom code in the workflow.

Is the scenario, the project leader has a "Setup Participant" task.  In the task roles get populated (as usual) but in addition to the roles the project leader also wants to set deadline for the some (or all) of the tasks that the users in these roles will receive?

If yes, this is doable.

The need is more generic.

There should be a possibility to maintain the deadlines of already existing tasks (from any workflow) - this requires currently context administration rights.

Hi @Juha_Kokko 

I can imagine that you can create own action for task to set the deadline in own wizard and in the processor update the deadline in database.

The action would be available only for specific role or group by own validator. 

PetrH

I can imagine that a custom action on the task would be the solution in the current Windchill. Thanks for the confirmation.
With this discussion I wanted to point out the need to maintain the deadlines through a roles & policies.

@Juha_Kokko , it's definitely doable.  No doubt about that.

How about describing in detail the exact use cases.

Top Tags