cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Dealing with UOM of EACH for QTY

JHall
16-Pearl

Dealing with UOM of EACH for QTY

Greetings all.

At my company there has been a practice for some time to use the Unit of Measure in SAP as EA.  We are about to install Windchill 11.0 M030.   I was told today that 'as needed' is not available in SAP.   We have many many BOM's with 0.01 or some such real number.  However it seems that Windchill is insisting that EA be a whole number. 
The situation we have is what we have, but going forward I wondered if we could action the Reference Designator field in some way? I've seen some ideas concerning this related to Creo, however we have Inventor as our CAD program.   

This seemed interesting, but not sure it would work for Inventor.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS128537

I know other companies have faced this, I'm curious what they did to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,
James
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS09
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

1 REPLY 1
BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite
(To:JHall)

We had this same problem.  We finally had to take away the connection between the CAD and the wtPart and add those items that were not EA quantities manually to the Windchill BOM.  We have a lot of gaskets and hoses that are this way.  I was hoping that there would at least be a way to do this with variables at least from CREO, but that isn't possible.

Announcements

Top Tags