cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dear All, what all we should know in Java to begin with Windchill customization

adharamdasani
1-Newbie

Dear All, what all we should know in Java to begin with Windchill customization

Dear All,

what all we should know in Java to begin with Windchill customization?

Thanks & Regards

Avinash

8 REPLIES 8
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:adharamdasani)

Hi Avinash,

This is a very broad question as there are a lot of different types of customizations that can be done in Windchill. What kind of customizations are you looking to do? Custom workflow expressions? Modify wizards? Modify the interface? Change Action menus/update action models? Create custom listeners? Something else? The more detail you provide the easier it will be for users in the community to offer advice on the kinds of Java/Javascript functionality you need to know.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I wanted to customize workflow, interface, Action menus & Api's

Thanks & Regards

Avinash

Hello Avinash,

1. Basic customization of the workflow for activities  like create activities, custom instructions, team modifications, set the state, event listeners, notiifcations - what you need is Windchill Business Administration skills. You can read through business administration help page for this.
  2. For APIs, Action menus - Windchill is a java based web application. So of course you need to know Java and how mvc works.

Help center - http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=BasicCustomization_LP10305&action=show  is a very good starting point. Also enable client customization in Windchill dev system, this add a new nav tab , have a lot of "how tos" there.  Leverage the community and PTC support search, most of the tasks which you are trying achieve might have an exisiting case solution or a community post.

sathimuthu
4-Participant
(To:LoriSood)

Hi , i'd like to learn ui customization ,Need help on business logic customisation as well . i want to know how to retrieve users or members of a team etc ( like audit ) .

Thanks.

tivancso
14-Alexandrite
(To:adharamdasani)

Hello Avinash,

I recently took a class that was fantastic on terms of how to customize Windchill, best part is the classes are done online with the instructors present.

FELCO Solutions

Regards,

Thom

sathimuthu
4-Participant
(To:tivancso)

how to enroll for a course . i dont see any form to submit .

Thanks.

tivancso
14-Alexandrite
(To:sathimuthu)

Go to the Contact Us section of the FELCO web site and call their main office number.

sathimuthu
4-Participant
(To:tivancso)

Cool thanks !

Top Tags