cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Default Bind DN for OpenDJ

SWeiler_9940261
15-Moonstone

Default Bind DN for OpenDJ

Has anyone found a way to set the default Bind DN for OpenDJ? It defaults to "CN=Directory Manager" and I would like it to default to "CN=Manager" instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:SWeiler_9940261)

You can simply add the alias "CN=Manager" to the default one "CN=Directory Manager" (or the reverse).

It's in the config.ldif file (<OpenDJ_HOME>/config/config.ldif). Look for "Directory Manager" and add the required line:

ds-cfg-alternate-bind-dn: cn=Directory Manager
ds-cfg-alternate-bind-dn: cn=Manager

Restart OpenDJ and you will be able to use either one.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I would like to know how to do that too.  We can set the Bind DN to "CN=Manager" during OpenDJ installation, but the login GUI continues to defaults "CN=Directory Manager".

I found this: The default value for the bind DN is for the root DN user, cn=Directory Manager.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19450-01/820-6169/to-start-the-controlpanel.html

We set Bind DN to "CN=Manager", so would it be a step to set the root DN user to "cn=Manager"?

Florent
14-Alexandrite

You can simply add the alias "CN=Manager" to the default one "CN=Directory Manager" (or the reverse).

It's in the config.ldif file (<OpenDJ_HOME>/config/config.ldif). Look for "Directory Manager" and add the required line:

Restart OpenDJ and you will be able to use either one.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca

I already have "ds-cfg-alternate-bind-dn: cn=Manager" in the config.ldif file and I am able to login as cn=Manager. The issue is that when I launch control panel the login GUI defaults to "cn=Directory Manager" for the Bind DN and I would like it to default to "cn=Manager" so that I don't have to change it each time I launch.

Florent
14-Alexandrite

That's the whole purpose of this: you don't have to change it each time.

Let it to "cn=Directory Manager". I don't see the point to change it since it's the same account.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:Florent)

@Florent,

Thank you for the alternative approach.  It gets us past having to hack the OpenDJ username each time.

As you said, I had to ensure both lines were in the config.ldif file.  If a 'ds-cfg-alternate-bind-dn' entry doesn't exist, it can't be used as a login.

dn: cn=Directory Manager,cn=Root DNs,cn=config
cn: Directory Manager

Then I needed to restart OpenDJ before I could use 'cn=Directory Manager' username with the 'cn=Manager' password.

Thanks

This screen capture just confirms above - easy way to know that this has been done.

One sees this once the control panel has been launched.

ML_10694804_0-1701982898706.png

Top Tags