cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Default group for new workspace

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Default group for new workspace

When creating a new workspace in 10.0m040, the default group is the first alphabetically on the list (Cfg_lib, Doc_lib, Machine, Parts_lib). Is there a way to make the default the Machine group as that is the only group that the Creo users should be using?

2 REPLIES 2

Great question, I've often wondered this too. One of our libraries is alphabetically ahead of most products, I've thought of renaming it later in the alphabet, but it would be better to keep the name and simply re-order products first.

Any suggestions welcome!

Edwin

In Reply to Ben Loosli:

When creating a new workspace in 10.0m040, the default group is the first alphabetically on the list (Cfg_lib, Doc_lib, Machine, Parts_lib). Is there a way to make the default the Machine group as that is the only group that the Creo users should be using?

I know PTC does not recommend this, but what you can do is make a .cache setup for the users. What can be done is you create a .cache folder clean on a workstation, create the workspaces (if you want add the start files, templates etc.) and use your startup scripts to copy the cache down the first time. When the user goes to add parts from library's there will be workspaces there for each, it should default to the first library workspace, but that is better than having it go into a product.
Top Tags