cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Delegation in Windchill 10.2

smeckstroth
8-Gravel

Delegation in Windchill 10.2

I am looking for others' experiences using delegation in Windchill 10.2.

Specially we are looking for a way to delegate tasks to multiple people and to be able to record a rationale/authorization of the delegation. As far as I know, both of theseabilities are not available in out of the box WC10.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sarah, can you provide an example of your use case?

posted on wrong thread

Hi Steve,

Definitely! So for example, if I was going on vacation and wanted to delegate my tasks to two different people. I want one person to take all my tasks involving production objects and another person to take my tasks involving non product objects.

Also as part of that delegation, I would need some kind of record/history showing that any completed tasks that have been delegated show who the delegation was done on behalf of. Ex. John Smith on behalf of Jane Doe or something along those lines. Ideally some record like this would show in a signature history.

Does that help?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah, I don't think there is a way to split the delegation to more than one person via some logic (Production vs non-production) OOTB.

If you reassign a task you'll see the history shown in the task should you need it. I'd have to test it with the Calendar delegation but I'm guessing it'll be something similar.

[cid:image001.png@01CF6DEE.2BBF11E0]

Thanks for the help Steve! I tested that out with delegation and unfortunatelyinformation similar to theinformaiton that shows up in the task historyfor reassignment doesnot appear when a task has been delegated. Maybe this is something PTC would consider in the future though. Again, thanks fo your help.

Top Tags