cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Delete Sub Sites

ptc-1852440
1-Newbie

Delete Sub Sites

What is the best way to delete sub sites held within ProductPoint, as I've had a look at trying to delete the site, but there doesnt seem to be a delete Icon.
9 REPLIES 9

Hmm, discovered the same recently. Some sites I can delete (one of them contains 90% of all our data) en some don't (an empty one which I made for a test). I'm logged in with admin rights, so that can't be the problem.

At the first one I see an option "Delete this site".

sshot-430.png

And the second one doesn't...

sshot-431.png

Regards,

Cor

To delete the site, you first need to :

1) delete the structure library, "proenginner documents" from the settings/structure library settings.

2) delete any other structure libraries

3) delete the product site

Note this you will be unable to delete the structure library if any files have been released, you may also have a problem is files have been moved between sites.

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Like I mentioned, there is no data in it, there never has been any data in it and there are no structury libraries in it.

Best regards,

Cor

I just Installed PP few days ago.

I created some test sites and parts.How Can I delete a released part ??

Thanks

Marc

Sorry, released parts can't be deleted.

Cor

Correct, released parts cant be deleted and they have to be in work.

Sub sites cant be deleted if the parts within it references to catlogue.

Did you find a solution?

No solution for removing subsites. I have the feeling it is more a Sharepoint related problem then Productpoint related.

There is currently a bigger problem that needs my attention: I can't delete any files that I've created in my main catalog. It is already brought to the attention of our reseller/PTC. It is not stopping my work or so, but very very annoying.

Cor

We are also unable to delete any Pro-E files in PP. PTC is working on this but it has been over a month without resolution. Very Frustrating.

Top Tags