cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Delete only latest version?

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Delete only latest version?

All -

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the posts..

Is it possible to delete only the latest version of an item? If there is an H.1, H.2 and H.3, we want to delete only H.3.

I thought that we had been able in the past to do this using an advanced search (for EPMDocument,all revisions and iterations)and then selecting the versions to be deleted. However, it seems now that if I pick H.3 to delete, all H-versions automatically get deleted as well.

Is there another pick or setting we are missing? Or is this just not possible? (PDMLink 9.1, M050)

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Chrystal. If you do the Actions>Delete it will bring up the formal delete menu if I recall correctly.

However, if you simply check the box of the object in the table and hit the red "X" to delete, I'm pretty sure it only deletes that iteration (the H.3) and leaving you with H.2.

[cid:image001.gif@01CE3053.2C777C50]

Steve Vinyard
Senior Solution Architect

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It seems that we can get the desired result by using Actions/Delete on the item rather than picking the box and deleting that way. Then weget the options to delete all/latest/etc. Not sure why, but at least we know how to do it now.

Thanks again!

Chrystal

All -

I am now trying to delete the latestversion of an assembly in 10.1 M040, and can't seem to get it to go without wanting to take the latest iteration of everything in the table. How do I delete only version C.2 of the assembly, leaving C.1 intact and without affecting the assembly's component iterations?

Thanks -

Chrystal Johnstone

Seattle, WA

Can you use the exclude icon to cross them out of the table?

This looks like it might be the answer. Thanks!
Top Tags