cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Delete or edit Windchill PDMLink Views similar to loadfromfile

CA_10163893
2-Guest

Delete or edit Windchill PDMLink Views similar to loadfromfile

I am looking for a workaround to edit and delete views without having to edit them manually through View Administration. This article says it is not possible via loadFromFile, is there some other way?

5 REPLIES 5

The short answer is yes.

But whereas you have omitted ANY details at all no specifics can be provided.

Here’s a thought, always provide the same information you would ask for if you were asked to solve the problem in question.

I have a view in the system that was created through the UI in View administration. I am looking for a way to update that view programmatically, without needing to do it manually in the UI. I looked up the loadFromFile method, but that is only for adding views.

Update it to what?
Are you saying you simply want to change the name of the View?

What’s the view name now?

<BR><BR>

I want to update the structure. Specifically renaming or removing child views. For Example if the parent view is "Design" and it has "Manufacturing" and "Shipping" as a child views, how to rename "Manufacturing" to "Production" or remove "Shipping" from the structure. 

So what you want to do is go thru the part’s structure (reclusive or single level. You need to be clear on that.) and change the view of all parts where the view is Manufacturing to Production and all parts with view Shipping must be removed from the structure.

And to be clear, technically we are not “renaming” a view. We are really just changing the view without iterating the part.

Another criteria you didn’t mention is the Configuration.
What configuration are we talking about?

All of this is doable but you need to be specific. There cannot be any room for ambiguity.

Think of it this way, if you hired someone to paint your house would you tell them what color to paint it or would you let the painter decide.
Top Tags