cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Delete the latest "in work" version

FlorentSEGAERT
1-Newbie

Delete the latest "in work" version

Hi everyone

I got an assembly which is in work, with several released parts. The last time I saved my assembly, one of the released parts was saved into an A.1 version. I don't know why proE saved this part, it hasn't been modified.

Is there a way to delete this A.1 version to come back to the A.0 released version ?

Thanks for your answer and your time

7 REPLIES 7

Also hi to everyone,

This is also an issue for me. Sometimes by accident released components are put "in work". It should be very nice if it's possible to step back to the latest released version.

One possibility for unwanted saving of components in an assembly, is the use of Modelcheck. It looks like Modelcheck modifies parameters after regeneration. Then ProductPoint sees this as a modification and puts the component "in work". Since a couple of weeks I have disabled Modelcheck with the config.pro option "modelcheck_enabled no". I have no proof (yet) that this works, but just wanted to share this with all of you.

Regards,

Cor

We understand that users often mistakenly make changes to released items and need to revert to the previous released version. Or in some cases you have an In Work model and make a change that you realize was not desireable and you want to return to the previous in work version.

There are a number of configuration options and work approaches that can cause Pro/E to make changes to items that you did not explicitly change. For example, you may modify only an assembly model but when you save the changes you discover that one or more of the assembly constituents were also changed. One customer found that when they set the config.pro option mass_property_calculate to automatic, Pro/E will modify the items in the assembly on save to update the mass properties. If they set mass_property_calculate to by_request, Pro/E does not make the unintended changes.

In Windchill ProductPoint 1.1 M040 (planned for release in mid November), we are planning to introduce an action to Delete Latest Version. This will allow you to easily remove an inadvertent or undesireable change and return to the previous in work or released versioin.

Chris

An action to "Delete latest version" would be very, very, very usefull. It happens more then once over here that an engineer makes a change in a drawing/component that is later on, during a review or so, rejected. The current situation is that the drawing/component becomes "in work". So if you want to release a higher drawing/component you are forced to release something that hasn't been changed. I currently have to solve this to release these drawing/components with a remark that they are "Administrative released". So happy to look forward to that functionality.

By the way, I figured out just before your post, that the "mass_property_calculate automatic" config.pro option could also lead to unwanted saves. I've changed it into "by_request". Also heard from my sales rep that Wildfire M060 has some improvements for this behaviour.

Regards,

Cor

I totally agree with Cor Boerman, the possibility of deleting the latest version will be very usefull.

Thank you for both of your answers. I will try to set the mass_property_calculate option to by_request and see if there is any difference

By the way, I've already asked to have the M060 installed.

The 1.1 M040 version is now available. But I still can't find how to delete the latest in work version ! It seems that this action has been reported to ProductPoint 2.0.

What a pity !

That's indeed a pity. In 1,5 weeks our reseller is going to install M040 at our site. What also is a bit frustrating, is that PTC doesn't publish release notes for all their releases (not only Productpoint, but all the PTC software). At least I can't find them...

My next major problem right now is that "delete iterations" does not work and our database is growing rapidly in terms of diskspace.

Cor

I can't find PTC's release notes neither.

I've just checked, the action of deleting secondary iterations works quite well for me. But my biggest problem is that i can't save a few modified files. ProE says "no transaction open", I have a SPR running at PTC's hotline but still no solution. I think I'm going to open a new discussion for that too !

Florent

Top Tags