cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Delete workspaces for all users at once

MichaelHacker
7-Bedrock

Delete workspaces for all users at once

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030-CPS20

After rehosting a productive system I want to delete all Workspaces of all users to be prepared for using the WindchillBulkMigrator (Merge systems to Windchill 12)
Is there any possibility to not do this user by user over UI as described by CS49327? Any SQL command or Batch available?

2 REPLIES 2

@MichaelHacker 

Yes, this kind of thing can definitely be done safely with Java code that uses the Windchill APIs.

I don’t think I have that exact code in my toolbox but I know it’s doable. Just have to write it up; test; and then let it fly on the rehosted system.

If anything is checked out to WS you probably want the utility to take care of that too, either checkin or undo checkout.

David

while using windu and winru I have seen this repair option: *Move EPMWorkspace objects to Default Cabinet Repair

Description:

Move EPMWorkspace objects to Default Cabinet Repair
(This task can be run to completion multiple times.)
Move objects from workspace folders to default folders, even if the objects are not in personal cabinets. This task can be run in two modes: 1. Move objects from all workspaces; 2. Move objects from a specific workspace only.

Does anybody know if this is like undo checkout or is it a check in. In last case, what about changes that are made and not uploaded?

Top Tags