cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Deleted User / Process initiator

Darquise
11-Garnet

Deleted User / Process initiator

Hi all,

We have a group of people that have recently left the company. Therefore, I ran the Search for Disconnected Participant and Delete from Windchill.

The issue I have is that, some of these users started workflows. When you reassign a workflow to another user, it always comes back to the process initiator. However, the initiator does not exist. Is there a way to change the Process Initiator or reassign the task permanently?

Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Darquise)

On the "Process" tab.

STEVEG_0-1583245817432.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Has anyone come across this issue? How can I change the workflow initiator?

Every time a task is advanced, it goes to someone in the orgadmin group. That can get tedious.

We don't want to restart the workflow. We just want to change the user for the workflow initiator. Is there a way to do that?

JHall
16-Pearl

@Darquise 

Did you actually delete the User from Windchill?  I'm not sure from your description. In any case, we have a procedure when a person leaves and one of the tasks is to reassign their tasks.

James   

Darquise
11-Garnet
(To:JHall)

Yes, in the Participant Administration, I did Action -> Delete from Windchill.

We had reassigned the worfklow to a temp user. But now we have a permanent user. The way our workflow is setup, once a task completes, it always goes back to the workflow initiator to decide which direction the workflow should go next. By reassigning, it goes back to worfklow initiator EVERY time!

I tried the calendar, but since the user has been deleted, I can't search or find that user to delegate tasks in the calendar. Can I re-enable the user, and then set the calendar?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

You can change who the person is listed as on the Process tab.

Darquise
11-Garnet
(To:STEVEG)

How do you change it?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

On the "Process" tab.

STEVEG_0-1583245817432.png

Darquise
11-Garnet

Hmm, interesting. I like that. However, I don't have the ability to add Process tab.

Under task I can add Process Status.

Under subject, Routing/Process History.

Where/How can I add process tab?

In the meantime, I asked our administrators to enable the departed user. I was then able to search in the calendar and set all his tasks to another user indefinitely. However, I like the idea of changing the process initiator as per your screenshot. Would like to pursue that. Just not use how to add the Process tab.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Maybe you get it only if you are administrator?  I didn't test that.

Darquise
11-Garnet

Ah yes, i found it. I had to add the "Member" link within Collaboration of History->Routing/History tab.

I think that will work. Thank you 🙂

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Glad I could help.

Top Tags