cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Deleted wrong group

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Deleted wrong group

I deleted the Org Admin group by accident, thinking it was one I had created.

I have recreated a new ORG ADMIN group in Participant Administration and added the users that should be in the group. However, when I go to The Organization page and select Administrators, I get the heading of Organization Administrators, but I get the following error message when I go to add a user to that grouping.

Unable to update deleted group "ORG ADMIN".

How can I get this list to populate with the Org Admins?

Windchill 11.0 m030 CPS08

7 REPLIES 7

Do u have a backup of the ldif file from the Windchill Directory Service before you deleted the group accidentally? Re-importing the ldiff file back into DS might be of help.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:amar_karthi)

Unfortunately, no backup as I am just building the user information into the system.

mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

I've deleted and restored the Administrator (wcadmin) user but I haven't deleted the ORG ADMIN group before.

This is PTC's recommendation.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS246752

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mmeadows-3)

That article was sent to me by the PTC support person working this issue.

It did not work and PTC is still working on it. They also sent me some SQL commands, 2 of the 3 commands failed!

mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm not completely surprised the article didn't work.  I would lean on PTC's for this one.

If you don't want to wait on PTC for explicit queries, you can write your own.  This mapping might help.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS109367

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mmeadows-3)

PTC finally got back and with a WebEx session and some SQL 'magic' we were able to recreate the ORG ADMIN group and get things back to normal (or as close to whatever that is).

Could you share the SQL (maybe with a "Do not try at home!" warning)

Top Tags