We currently have only the following in place but would be interested in what you posted:
- Sub type of WTReferenceDocument: DHF (auto-numbered with DHF prefix).
- A few attributes on this type. One of these is DHF Number (a drop down list).
- The lifecycle assigned to this type has a workflow directly mapped to it (the second state).
- These can be created only in a "working library" for this type; the Manager of the Library controls who can access.
- Each document is brought to Approved via the workflow, which is tied to the second state and triggered by the user executing Set State to the second state from the first. Only the manager can Revise from Approved.
- When all documents in the DHF have been finalized, the entire contents of the Library is moved to a folder in an "Archive" library which is read-only to all.
- We run a custom report of all the DHF Documents for a specific DHF Number and make that the contents of a new document; this is tied to the related End Item(s) via a Reference link.