cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Design View and manufacturing View

JayCrook
5-Regular Member

Design View and manufacturing View

Related to this post:

Hi,

I know this is an old post.

Which view do you use when creating a WTPart for cutting tools in Windchill; endmills, drills, etc?

Thank you,

Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JayCrook 

I would advice If you use Creo Parametric then use Design view of resource com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMTooling to connect CAD Document with MPMTooling(Sub WTPart) . The tools could be used in MPMOperations with representations.

If not you can use Manufacturing view (if you not plan to use Creo)

There are many ways how to achieve customers needs. 

If you use MPMLink or not. If the tool objects are integrated to the ERP systems and so on. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JayCrook 

I would advice If you use Creo Parametric then use Design view of resource com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMTooling to connect CAD Document with MPMTooling(Sub WTPart) . The tools could be used in MPMOperations with representations.

If not you can use Manufacturing view (if you not plan to use Creo)

There are many ways how to achieve customers needs. 

If you use MPMLink or not. If the tool objects are integrated to the ERP systems and so on. 

PetrH

JayCrook
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi HelesicPetr,

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand anything you mentioned in your suggestion.
It is because my question was vague and not described fully.

I don't know what "MPM" means.

I don't know what "Design view of resource com.ptc.windchill.mpml.resource.MPMTooling to connect CAD Document with MPMTooling(Sub WTPart)" means.

Again I apologize for my lack of understanding.

Thank you for your response though,

Jay Crook.

Hi @JayCrook 

(Manufacturing process management)MPMLink is a module of Windchill where you create process plans and operations to plan manufacturing procedures.

You can allocate manufacturing tools to the Operations. 

In Windchill MPMLInk there is sub WTpart group which is called Manufacturing resources and one of them is the MPMTooling.

If you don't know MPMLink then you can care just of root WTPart objects

So if you use Creo or another 3D design tool integrated with Windchill I advice you to use Design view. 

PetrH

Top Tags