cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Desktop Integration in Windchill 10.2 Server Version Issue

ChrisCollinson
6-Contributor

Desktop Integration in Windchill 10.2 Server Version Issue

Hi all

We are having difficulty with the Desktop Integration from Windchill 10.2 and laptops running Kaspersky disk encryption and AntiVirus. It looks as though it is not writing the values to the regisrtry correctly for the version so will not connect as it says its an incorrect version, it was installed from the same server we are trying to connect.

We tested this on a laptop without the Kaspersky disk encryption and it works correctly even with the KAV Antivirus running

Our IT guys are trying to find out which files write the values to the registry as there is one that writes the configuration but doesn't put in the Server Version and this is where the error comes

A Curve Ball: - If we run Fiddler Web diagnostic which shows the network activity the damned thing works correctlyand is then fine from then on, so its just this registry writting that seems to cause the error

I got PTC TS on the case also as this is getting in the way of us upgrading to 10.2 from 9.1

Thanks all

1 REPLY 1

Chris,
Let me know what the Call # is and I will check in with PTC TS. I don't think PTC has ever validated DTI with a disk encryption utility running, but it's odd that it works as expected with Fiddler running.

-Scott
Top Tags