cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Desktop integration in Windchill 10.1 M040, Windows Explorer 7 and in combination with RES workspace

hwientjes
1-Newbie

Desktop integration in Windchill 10.1 M040, Windows Explorer 7 and in combination with RES workspace

Windchill users,
We are on Windchill 10.1 M040 use Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10 and Microsoft Office 2010 in combination with RES workspace manager.

We find that desktop integration is not working properly; one user(the first) can work but then the other 39 users working on the same server cannot work with DTI!
Solutions?
Han

3 REPLIES 3
AdamDorsch
6-Contributor
(To:hwientjes)

Do you receive an error when trying to use DI?

I do not know if it was a recent Windows update or something our
IT dept pushed thru but I had to reinstall DI recently when some users could
not use DI suddenly.

Also I have had to correct the file association for some users to
link the .wcdti file to be to the WtTaskRun program.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:hwientjes)

Windchill Desktop Integration does not support mulit-user or thin client environements like RES Workspaces, CITRIX or Windows Server. It is intended to be installed on a single machine, launched by a single user and connected to a single Windchill server. PTC is doing some research to confirm whether or not this type of multi-user environment can be supported, but there is nothing conclusive to report yet.

-Scott

Hi Han,

Instead of Server side VMs/Thin Clents, did you try installing on a standard desktop and have different AD users log into the system. I believe it is like CAD WGMs where the site preferences are locked to the Windows User's account. We always had that problem when switching between our development, test and production Windchill servers.

Good luck,

Patrick

In Reply to Han Wientjes:

Windchill users,
We are on Windchill 10.1 M040 use Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10 and Microsoft Office 2010 in combination with RES workspace manager.

We find that desktop integration is not working properly; one user(the first) can work but then the other 39 users working on the same server cannot work with DTI!
Solutions?
Han

Top Tags