cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Desktop integration with siteminder authentication

sp-2
1-Newbie

Desktop integration with siteminder authentication

Hi,

Has anybody implemented Desktop integration with SSO authentication. Our desktop integration is not taking siteminder for authentication.

Please suggest.

Sitanshu

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I have tried to implement DTI with SSO authentication with Windchill 10 M020, but we did not managed to get it work. Configuration needs to support both FORMS and BASIC authentication. The issue with DTI and numerous other client side integrations we have is that we are using a web service enablement. Since FORMS based authentication is not standards based these clients are receiving an improper response from SiteMinder.

There might be a possible solution for this issue in Windchill 10.1. Because itsupports for Forms Based Authenticationand I can see from documentation (Windchill 10.1 help center)that there is also instructions how to configure DTI with Form-Based Authentication. In theory there should be a tools in place what is needed to get siteminder authentication work with DTI. Unfortunately I have not had possibility to test it yet in practice.

Thanks,

Marko

Hi Marko, how is Creo working with SiteMinder and form based authentication? I have a customer using this and they have to login via the web browser first, then register their server and workspace. All that is fine BUT they also must go offline before closing Creo. This allows them to open Creo later, login via the web browser first and then go online. If they don't Creo fails and must be forced offline, restarted and then opened using the proper process. This is on Creo 2.0.

Is there a better solution than that?

[cid:image001.gif@01CD43B5.03A0E4F0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Hi Steve,

Have you already tried this kind of setup on Creo client side?

config.pro web_browser_homepage=server_url

It forces the default webpage displayed in Creo client at startup to be the Windchill server URL and ensures the user logs into the server using your custom form based authentication.

Because behavior what you are describing, it could be implication that Creo client is trying to use old session cookie information when doing a web service request and response will be HTML login page instead of XML web service response. And it is causing that Creo client is failing. And Creo client will not recover (session cookie refreshed) before you are going through your authentication procedure again. This is partially just guess, because there should be known more infrastructure setup and configuration when investigating what is exactly a root cause. SSO configurations are never trivial and there is a lot of moving parts which can break the ideal condition.

Best Regards,

Marko

Top Tags