cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Did anyone apply a CPS on 10.2 M020 and how much testing did you perform?

pmöllberg
4-Participant

Did anyone apply a CPS on 10.2 M020 and how much testing did you perform?

We upgraded from 10.0 M040 to 10.2 M020 a while ago and have now found isses that are corrected in CPS0-9 so we need to apply CPS 09 or even upgrade to M030. What we are trying to figure out is how much testing we should perform if we add a CPS. As much as a M-release upgrade or less? What about customizations and integrations to ERP etc?

Do anyone have experience addign CPS? Any recomendations?

Thanks

Pär

2 REPLIES 2
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:pmöllberg)

General rule is that CPS can be applied with very minimal testing, and M-release much more testing. To M020, we have applied CPS03, CPS06, and now CPS09.

For customization, you should be using the wtSafeArea. Reference the Customization Guide for more information about this. For any changes to your modified files, you can look to see if PTC has updated your file or not with the CPS.

In reference to your note about M030, please know that PTC updated their M030 "read this first" document on Friday. If you're running M020 CPS09, then you cannot upgrade to M030 until CPS02 is released, probably at the start of April.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenPerry)

If you're running M020 CPS09, then you cannot upgrade to M030 until CPS02 is released, probably at the start of April.

Wow. Big bummer. I just downloaded M030 last night. I wish PTC would have mentioned this limitation when posting CPS09. I wouldn't have rushed to install it.

Top Tags