cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Disallow to iterate the earlier Version object.

SaravananSubram
1-Newbie

Disallow to iterate the earlier Version object.

Hi All,

Windchill system is allowing the user to iterate the earlier version. Is there any settings to disallow it?.

Example:

A.prt is having versions like 1.0 and 2.0. Now user can able to iterate the both the version like 1.1 and 2.1.

So I need to stop the 1.0 version to iterate. Is it possible in Windchill?.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards

Saravanan

PLM Consultant.

5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to control this behavior with setting a few
preference changes:

Thanks,

Dax

1. In the Lifecycle, configure Revise only from a state that is not the first one (e.g. do not allow Revise from In Work). This requires each Revision to be "finalized" prior to beginning the next one.

2. Set up permissions (ACL's) such that users cannot Modify at the state from which Revise has been done (e.g. Released).

In general, states at which one can Modify need to be mutually exclusive with states at which you do business.

- Modify at In Work

- Cause a state change to Released, same Rev

- Revise, Next Rev, back to In Work to start next cycle

Note that the OTB Basic LC includes Revise from In Work to In Work.

In Preferences: Create and Edit > Allow checkout of non-latest iterations = Do not allow.

If they can't check it out, then they can't check it in.

Gerry

In Reply to Saravanan Subramanian:

Windchill system is allowing the user to iterate the earlier version. Is there any settings to disallow it?.

Example:

A.prt is having versions like 1.0 and 2.0. Now user can able to iterate the both the version like 1.1 and 2.1.

So I need to stop the 1.0 version to iterate. Is it possible in Windchill?.

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments.

I am facing issue with non-latest revision (not with non-latest iteration).

So I decided to go with LifeCycle State transition to control the iteration of non-latest revision.

Regards

Saravanan

You should put ACLs and Lifecycle Transitions according to State. Like Released not allowed to modify, but revise. Is all your items in work at the previous rev? Thus, if you ACLs and transitions allow you to modify "IN WORK" objects well it is just your process of changing the states of the previous rev. You need a proper release and change control process.

Top Tags