cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Disconnected participants after updating to CPS22, PDM Link10.2 M020

tjerome
9-Granite

Disconnected participants after updating to CPS22, PDM Link10.2 M020

After a successful patch of CPS22 from CPS2. I received emails saying that I had several participants that were disconnected from LDAP. I have read the article on how to search for disconnected participants and either delete them if they are no longer used or add them back into LDAP, but my question is do I need them?

I don't recognize these License users, can anyone provide some insight please?

Here is the list.

PTC Author License

PTC Bom Transformation License

PTC Contributor License

PTC EBOM Management License

PTC Ip protection license

PTC Manufacturing License

PTC Mechanical Design I License

PTC Mechanical Design II License

PTC Project Management License

PTC QUality License

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tjerome)

These are new license groups that were added to support the new subscription model of licensing.  If you don't have any license subscriptions then you can completely ignore them.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomU
23-Emerald IV

These are new license groups that were added to support the new subscription model of licensing.  If you don't have any license subscriptions then you can completely ignore them.

tjerome
9-Granite
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom

that makes perfect sense, thanks for the clarification, I guess when it comes time in June for us to convert over to the new license model these groups will come into play.

Have you done the conversion yet?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

No, and I have no intention of doing so unless forced by PTC.  The subscription licenses are much more expensive over the long term, especially for those of us who already own perpetual licenses.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Tom,

I agree with you.  However, the plus side is you can increase OR decrease the number of licenses each year if you are on subscription.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

True, once per year and with 90 days written notice (prior to your renewal date.)  I guess if your business model is one where you see large fluctuations in employee count this might make sense.  In a company with slow, steady growth this is not nearly as beneficial.

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

They are starting to phase out perpetual licenses though.  They no longer sell the View-Print licenses.  The only way I can get more is to buy the subscription based equivalent.  I could be wrong, but I thought that Navigate runs off of subscription only, or at least that is the only pricing model that I have seen.  It interests me, but the pricing model kind of kills it for me.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

Navigate subscriptions are available with a "daily user license".  They don't have to be locked to a named user.  This can be cost effective for licensing a large group of occasional users with only a few licenses.

DavidBrand
14-Alexandrite

Do you know how "daily user licenses" work?

Take a look at attached document.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DavidBrand)

The document linked by Marco Tosin‌ is good.  For those who don't want to read the whole thing, here's the definition:

"An active daily user is a unique user who accesses the app any time during a 24 hour period for a particular day (the user is active for that day)."

Top Tags