cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Disconnected participants after upgrade with Distinguished Name in lower case

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Disconnected participants after upgrade with Distinguished Name in lower case

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: After upgrade from 11.1 M020 to 12.1.2.5 and renaming the AD adapter all the users are "Disconnected Participants". 

Description:

In company AD the Distinguished Name shows upper casing (CN=Firstname Lastname,OU=Users,OU=Production&Supply....).

In WC Participants administration you can reconnect the users individually (which is a pain and the trick to toggle in database did not work) and they're able to login, see their workspaces etc.. However, after this the same user Distinguished Name show lower casing (cn=firstname lastname,ou=users,ou=production&supply...).

Database collations are as they should, source and target match.

There's already a case with PTC TS opened. I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same and what are the possible implications or issues resulting if going live with the manually connected participants.

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HJ1)

This is an old thread. How did you make out? I have not see this in my upgrade but I did go through a divestiture. We had to remap all the users to new user ids. This was done in the LDAP and the database via a sql script to they matched. If you have a small number of users, not to hard to update manually but a series of well tested scripts and a documented plan are needed if this is a bigger install.  

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:avillanueva)

A late response,

it is still somewhat a mystery. I did a new upgrade round and created the AD connection from scratch (CS29454). Then I needed to upate the table OwningRepositoryLocalObject to reference the new AD, then table WTUser set repairNeeded = '0' where repairNeeded = '1'. Boom, no more disconnected participants (ok, maybe some steps missing in this explanation here..) . Users are able to login and access workspaces. However, the situation regarding DN casing remains, it is different in Participant administration from the company AD.

Announcements

Top Tags