cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Display Windchill documentation at the Shopfloor

ArjenBlok
7-Bedrock

Display Windchill documentation at the Shopfloor

I am looking for a cheap solution to display Windchill information at the Shop Floor based on input of a barcode scanner. We would like to display part information and documents (drawings, norms, Shop Floor work instruction, etc) to work paperless at the Shop Floor.

Anyone having experience with bringing Windchill information to the Shop Floor without a full blown MES solution?

7 REPLIES 7

Set up and use standard Windchill visualization services.

Shop floor (and everyone else) access Windchill data presented in Creo View (ProductView prior to Windchill 10.x).

It's core to Windchill to publish and handle Pro/E and Creo. Can set up for SolidWorks or other CAD. Additional cost and module to publish MS Word but can be done.

Optionally set up watermarking such that every Drawing / Document viewed in Creo View andn optionally printed / saved off to PDF includes identification of the exact WIndchill page, and optionally user, date, etc..

Don't know of a way to utilize bar codes but that may be something that could be developed as the input for what to search for. Meanwhile, operators would just search for the needed document / drawing Number.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ArjenBlok)

Arjen,

Was Mike's info helpful for you?

The reply of Mike is not the solution I am looking for. Windchill is not very practical for use at the shopfloor. A very simple big buttons interface is required, barcode enabled. Windchill is not supporting this out of the box. We are still looking for a pragmatic solution.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Arjen,

Were the videos Marc provided helpful and more in-line with what you were looking for?

boemi
12-Amethyst

Hello Arjen

I'll be also interested in your idea.

What I found on the Internet is a QR code access to windchill.

Please take a look on these movies:

General link with QR code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dOqry2uwE

Service part with QR code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qRiPPNh4g

Perhaps this helps you.

Looking forward to what your creating.

Regards,
Marc

ahamblett
5-Regular Member
(To:boemi)

Hi Marc, those videos were great. Thank you for sharing!

But now I have a question... Can Windchill be programmed to automatically generate QR Codes, as Visualizations, and be associated to their respective .prt's and/or WTPart's??? What about including these as part of any Creoview Watermarks? Obviously, the Watermark must refer to something in order to populate - would the QR code be an [automatically generated] attribute which can be applied to the watermark? Or a Visualization, which is what the videos seem to indicate?

Thanks.

-Adam

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:ahamblett)

Hello Adam, Arjen,

My company has done this albeit for another PLM implementation.

If you are really interested, pl mail me in detail at ravin.kayasth@tatatechnologies.com

Thanks,

Ravin Kayasth

Top Tags