cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Display the CN a CA task initializes from in Home Page > Tasks

cswaner
5-Regular Member

Display the CN a CA task initializes from in Home Page > Tasks

Greetings,

My users have a legitimate complaint in this one.  They are wanting to know, at a glance, from their Tasks list which Change Notice the Change Activity task generated from the Implementation plan was created in.

By default there is a Name (task name for the workflow node) and Subject (a concatenation of Type-Number and task name as defined in the implementation plan), however, there is no reference to which CN the Task was created from.

I am looking for any creative way to help the users determine from which CN there CA tasks are coming from across their assigned list.

Thanks in advance.

Cam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cameron,

Unfortunately alias attributes are not always straight forward.  In this case you need to start with the Change Task and then navigate to the Change Notice and get its info - the Alias attribute is:

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number

The Work Item entry looks like the following - not I am mousing over the field to highlight its entry

wi_entry.png

And results in:

cn_name example.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:cswaner)

I addressed a similar issue with alias attributes between the Notice and the Task and Workflow/Task variables to get the value to show up in the User's Task Table

cswaner
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Thank you for the response.

Can you please share more detail on how to set this up?

Another solution is to get the parent CN number in the CA workflow and then change name of the task.

you can append the CN number after the task name.

E.G.: Review Task - ECN12345

The task name will also show up in the email subject.

cswaner
5-Regular Member
(To:aacciano-2)

Can you please share the workflow details (methods, expressions, etc.) you used to accomplish this?

In 10.1 M040 and newer one can add Alias attributes to the workitem that can be displayed in the Task table.  For example one can show the CN related to the CT in the Task table.  See the following link for information:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=SiteAdminChp_BestPracticeDisplayAliasAttrOnMyTaskTable&action=show

Here is an example showing the CN as well as an attribute from the CN (you can navigate across relationships to get other attributes)

ct alias example.png

cswaner
5-Regular Member
(To:JeffZemsky)

Jeff,

Awesome response!  However, I am having trouble showing the CN Number or Name for the Work Item generated from the task on the Implementation plan (CA workflow).

I've tried:

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.VersionableChangeItem~name

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number

Neither of which do exactly what I want.

Please advise.

Cameron,

Unfortunately alias attributes are not always straight forward.  In this case you need to start with the Change Task and then navigate to the Change Notice and get its info - the Alias attribute is:

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2~theChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number

The Work Item entry looks like the following - not I am mousing over the field to highlight its entry

wi_entry.png

And results in:

cn_name example.png

I have a question which seems to fit to this topic. We have an IBA "Category" (Internal: CATEGORY) added to CN, CR and PR.
Now we want to add this attribute to the My Task Table on home.

I already read this thread and also some articles and tried different things.
What I do not understand is, why the way described in the Windchill Help is not working, like:

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.VersionableChangeItem~CATEGORY

The example from the Windchill help with needDate instead of the IBA is working properly. But CATEGORY is not a valid type for mapping. Even the OOTB attribute description will not be mapped (value will be mapped as empty even the Change object has a non empty description).

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:jfocke)

@jfockeI'd have to look but its probably not from the VersionableChangeItem class.  You will likely have to navigate to the specific class and get Category from there.  You can still show them in one column - get three attributes and then use a calculated attribute to sum the three alias attributes.  Since you can only ever have one value per row it will work.  The example I show above with Plant Date is coming from either the CR or the CN

For example to get those attributes off Change Request and Change Notice I used the following:

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~PlantLocation

primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~PlantLocation

Top Tags