cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Distribution of vault content into multiple directories

gafoorgk
11-Garnet

Distribution of vault content into multiple directories

Hi,

One of the suggestion On Demand System Scan made is to distribute vault content into multiple directories through setting 2 properties, wt.fv.fvFileThreshold and wt.fv.useFvFileThreshold. We did that and ran Revaulting command. It didn't distribute the existing content.

Any idea how I can distribute the contents?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Cliff
23-Emerald II
(To:gafoorgk)

Hi,

In case you cannot efficient answer here, please kindly log case or search knowledgebase.

Specific to you question:

1. The two properties were used during Content creation process, then cannot distribute files across folders.

2. No simple way to achieve your requirement, and PTC does not suggest performing that, but talking with your IT team, and explain this.

3. If you have to perform this, a feasible solution is, revaulting data back to Database, and later revaulting back to vault. While if you content files are up to 500GB or TBs, definitely it is kind of risk to handle such data.

Cliff

gafoorgk
11-Garnet
(To:Cliff)

Well, I did find a PTC article, which explains the process in detail. Though it cannot be done on existing vault, a new vault can be created and moved the contents to there by following this article. I'm just waiting for the right moment to get this done on a test environment.

Article links is https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS16727

Cliff
23-Emerald II
(To:gafoorgk)

If take the revaulting method, please also deploy https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS254507 

- then may expect half-million objects to revault per day.

Cliff

Top Tags