cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Document File Name changing

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Document File Name changing

We control many of our documents in PDMLink as a sub-type of "Document".  One of my users put in a PDF as this document sub-type.  Now they want to replace the PDF with a DOCX file.  But every time we try to check it in the File Name gets a "-1" added.

For example: The PDF file name is 123456.pdf and the docx file is 123456.docx.  But when we check it in it changes it to 123456-1.docx.

Has anyone seen this and/or know why it happens?

The Number field is the same for both the PDF and DOCX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have noticed this when there is a secondary attachment with the same name already exists for that document. See whether you have a secondary attachment 123456.docx  already exists with 123456.pdf similar to below.

attachment.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have noticed this when there is a secondary attachment with the same name already exists for that document. See whether you have a secondary attachment 123456.docx  already exists with 123456.pdf similar to below.

attachment.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Great call Binesh!  I was all ready to write back saying we don't use attachments to our documents but I better just check.  There it was.  And because I didn't think we use attachements I didn't even have that table on my tab on the detail page.

What this user did then was create the PDF from the DOCX.  He made the PDF the main file then put the source file (DOCX) as the attachment.

Thank you!

Top Tags