cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Document attachment mistake proofing

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Document attachment mistake proofing

We've been using WTDocuments for our ECAD storage mechanism forever but have come across an escape that I would like to mistake proof. I know there are ECAD integrations but I prefer not to rearchitect the whole solution just for this issue. 

The primary content is an Allegro .brd file and there are three attachments. One is a PDF of the board drawing, the other is some design related files and the final is the ODB++ supplier files to fabricate the board. The last two are loaded as zip files. The issue is that our supply chain folks often grab the wrong zip file and send to the supplier. I realize this is a people and training problem but does not totally mistake proof the problem.

I would like to keep all the content in one object since it fits with release strategy. We've tried putting comments on the files that are visible to the user. Is there a way I can add some type of block when those users try to download the wrong file? I can sure I can wrap them up in a group if need be. Open to any ideas you might have. Allow engineering to download but not supply chain folks, only the right key file.  I also would hate to have this rely on explicit naming practices of those files but we might have limited options.

2 REPLIES 2

Could possibly add your own custom Download action and then hide the ootb Download via profiles or access permissions?

Hi @RandyJones  and @avillanueva 

This point brings me an idea to create own validator to show the download button to the right user (for example user in one group) on the right files (if the file is the correct one) 

The validator can be applied to the download button, can't be?

PetrH 

Top Tags