cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Documents in Bills of Material

ptc-4079509
1-Newbie

Documents in Bills of Material

I'm working with Windchill 10 M020.

Does anyone have experience or opinions with getting 'Document' objects to appear in BOM reports?

Seems that if we have Part or product related instruction manuals, process specifications, etc. which are generated as 'documents' it is inconvenient to create a Part that references the document so that it can be added to a Part structure. I see no means to have Part 'References Documents' appear in a BOM report - at least in the OOTB reports.

I realize this is like Windchill 101, but was wondering if there is any innovation on this topic.

Thanks.

Joe Lee
Windchill Administration
ICON Aircraft
661-822-0161
4 REPLIES 4

We have done this. We created our own report in the list that combines the single level BOM report with the related Documents table at the bottom. Technically, documents should not be part of the BOM unless the document is something physical, like a printed manual to be included in a ship set. Customizing BOM reports was added to the customizer's guide. Including the documents table was just copying in the JSP block to render the table for related documents.

Antonio Villanueva
Sr. Software Engineer
Goodrich - ISR Systems

Pretty slick! Is this on 10 or 9.1?

[cid:image001.gif@01CD0B3C.9C6ACA40]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Thanks, Antonio.

I'll have to read up on this and see what can be done in WC10.
Top Tags