cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Does ProjectLink store iterations?

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Does ProjectLink store iterations?

It was bound to happen eventually..   thinking he was deleting an older project, I have a user who deleted his current one instead.  This raises the question of whether ProjectLink stores any kind of history or trail file - any way to recover an old version?  Is there a recommended best practice for saving/recovering iterations of a project?  Is anything saved to a user's cache?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give -

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

Seattle, WA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chrystal,

When a Project Manager deletes a Project in ProjectLink, it is marked deleted and access is removed but all the data is still there.  As an admin you can go to the ORGANIZATION in the navigator and choose Reports. (See screenshot.)

In the Reports page there is a Projects table, change the view to deleted and you will see all the Projects that have been set to delete.   You can restore them to operation or you can remove the content.  (See screenshot)

I think if you "Restore", and maybe restart the project all should be back to normal.

-marc

20160401-072751.png

20160401-072618.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chrystal,

When a Project Manager deletes a Project in ProjectLink, it is marked deleted and access is removed but all the data is still there.  As an admin you can go to the ORGANIZATION in the navigator and choose Reports. (See screenshot.)

In the Reports page there is a Projects table, change the view to deleted and you will see all the Projects that have been set to delete.   You can restore them to operation or you can remove the content.  (See screenshot)

I think if you "Restore", and maybe restart the project all should be back to normal.

-marc

20160401-072751.png

20160401-072618.png

'Restore' worked like a charm.  Thanks for the help!

Chrystal

Windchill Help Center information on permanently deleting projects and/or restoring projects: "Terminating a Project"

Top Tags