cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Does anyone have any Installation documentation?

ailut
1-Newbie

Does anyone have any Installation documentation?

We are planning to switch to Windchill. Is there any installation documentation? where can I find it?

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ailut)

Do you mean "official" PTC documentation?  If so, this is all available here:  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp

tstacy
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

In addition to the official PTC documentation, it's a good idea to create a work instruction document.  There is a LOT of information in the PTC documentation, a lot of which won't apply to your installation.  It all depends on your configuration.  Creating a work instruction document will help you narrow down which instructions you need and which you don't.  This document is also very useful if you are going to do multiple installations (development, test, production) so that your installation process is repeatable and consistent.  We've created one for each install/update/upgrade so that we have all of the steps necessary to complete the job in one place.  I'm currently going through the documents for upgrading to Windchill 11 and there are 5 or 6 PTC documents that may be applicable.  My goal is to write my work instruction so that I have a single document with the necessary instructions gleaned from those 5 or 6 documents. I also include notes that reference the official document and page so I can quickly verify if necessary.

DavidBrand
14-Alexandrite
(To:tstacy)

Did you manage to create the work instruction document? Would you be willing to share it? I am just starting to look at upgrading our test server on PDMLINK 11 M030 to PDMLINK 11.1 F000. We normally have a VAR perform any updates, but I am now trying to do it myself for the first time.

Top Tags