cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Does anyone know if Windchill supports Data encryption AT REST and IN TRANSIT within ORACLE or between ORACLE and the Application Server

elyons
1-Newbie

Does anyone know if Windchill supports Data encryption AT REST and IN TRANSIT within ORACLE or between ORACLE and the Application Server

We have to assess our Winchill Infrastructure annually against Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) issued by IASE.

These are required to be assessed annually by some of our customers.

One aspect is the need to Encrypting data at rest in the ORACLE database and also data in transit when transmitted between the Application server and Oracle.

Does anyone in the community (PTC or other Customers) know if this is supported and can point me in the right direction with respect to system configuration.

Thanks in Advance

Ed Lyons

Lockheed Martin Space Systems

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Ed,

As a part of one of the recent projects I did some research on this and starting Windchill 11, TDE is supported. TDE encrypts the table spaces and ensure the data at rest is protected. The steps to configure this is detailed in Advanced Deployment Guide for 11

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/WCConsiderSecureInfrastructure_SecurityBestPractice.html?queryId=15…

For the JDBC between Oracle and Windchil, i don't see an instruction from PTC to switch to TCPS.- probably provide full connection string in wt.pom.jdbc.host and use wt.pom.dbConnectionPropertiesNameList and wt.pom.dbConnectionPropertiesValueList to pass additional props. Not sure whether this is supported and i have not tested it.

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Hi,

Curious if anyone has implemented the TDE Tablespace Encryption and has any pros or cons to implementation? 

-Scott

Top Tags