cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Download PLT or PDF menu utility from windchill 9 ?

ehowanice
11-Garnet

Download PLT or PDF menu utility from windchill 9 ?

Back in Windchill 9, there was a utility created by a community user @cadjett that added the ability to download a published plt or pdf drawing from windchill menus. I believe this was one of the original post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Drawings-as-PDF-Quick-way-to-download-them/m-p/400510

In windchill 11, I've been able to get the utility to work thru the windchill shell, it can download both the .plt and .pdf file, as we publish to these 2 formats.

What doesn't work is the ability to download thru a menu button. The two issues I've come across is the custom-actionModels.xml is from Windchill 9, so some of the menu pics are different. The Download DRW PDF or PLT menu pic does appear in the menu, see attached screenshot. When selecting the Download DRW PDF or PLT option, I get an error message as shown below.

Just wondering if anyone has adopted this utility for Windchill 11, as we found it to be a very useful utility.

If anyone is interested I have the full set of instructions and files from the Windchill 9 version of the utility.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags