cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

DraftSight in Windchill

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

DraftSight in Windchill

We have recently purchased a company.  They are running Wildfire 5 but also DraftSight.

We plan to import all their data into our PDMLink system.  However, I wanted to find out if anyone has imported DraftSight files into their system.  If so what type did you import them in as.  The reason I ask what type is because there is no Windchill Integration for DraftSight files as far as I can see.

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

We use DraftSight was well, but we generally do not store the files in Windchill.  The few times we have we've stored them as WT Documents using the DWG format.  There is a way to configure a dummy publisher in Windchill so that these will show up correctly with thumbnails and also open in Creo View.  See CS36856.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

We have used WTDocuments for our old AutoCAD drawings and it's worked just fine.

Did you convert the file to DWG or are they native?  I ask this because I assume DraftSight files have a different file extension?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

No conversion required.  DraftSight's default file extension is DWG.

Top Tags