cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Drawing Template Retrieval

Gary2
1-Newbie

Drawing Template Retrieval

Just a little FYI that I figured out today. I have some file format files that I updated due to some changes that we wanted to implament on the standard text in our title blocks and the information that we are tracking in our revision blocks. Easy change the format file and go I said. I updated them and then started updating some drawings that I was working on but the changes that I made to the format file did not update. I tried several things and then finally, manually updated the file format file. I thought this was strange and started asking others what I could be doing wrong. Finally I logged a call with PTC-Pro-E Tech Support. The person that helped assure me that I was looking in the right spot for my templates but after that he knew nothing about Product Point. I finaly opened the template file and updated the template file and then saved the template file, opened a new drawing file found that my template file is opening a specific version of the format file and not grabbing the latest version. Not sure if this is a Pro-E screw up or a Product Point screw up but it caused me several hours of manual updating and countless hours of scratching my head. Just thought I would pass along this little bit of information in case any of you were having this problem.

1 REPLY 1
linda
5-Regular Member
(To:Gary2)

you have to replace the paper format for the old drawing manually, not like autocad, which update with the new layout.

Top Tags