cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Drawing missing dimensions in Windchill

AThomas104
4-Participant

Drawing missing dimensions in Windchill

Hello all,

One of my co-workers saved some of his drawings to his "A workspace" in Windchill  and exited Creo. He has not checked in any of these parts to windchill. Then he switches workspaces and works on a few other projects in windchill and exits Creo.

A few days later, he tries to retrieve drawings from his first project from "A workspace" but finds that a lot of the dimensions in his drawings are missing. He claims he saved the drawings to "A workspace" before he exited Creo.

He has no duplicate drawings or copies of any of these drawings anywhere locally or in windchill either.

Can anyone help us understand why this happens ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would also check to see what setting he is using for this config option: create_drawing_dims_only

• Yes - Saves all new driven dimensions created in the drawing inside the drawing as associative draft dimensions.
  • No - Saves driven dimensions created in Drawing mode on solid geometry in the solid.

We've had confusion with this setting in the past. When set to No (Creo default), adding dimensions to the drawing actually gets saved to the Model, not the Drawing. So if the user updated the model in his workspace, he might have lost the changes that way. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AThomas104)

Check the dates on the files in the workspace. Did they really get saved when they should have been?

With Windchill, we have it set so the system does an automatic upload to the user's server side workspace whenever they do a save. This gives them the added protection of having the files backed up by IT, if IT backs up your Windchill servers daily. The local workspace on your workstation is not normally backed up.

@AThomas104 , I’d check the user’s trail file to verify the claimed save actually happened just prior to the workspace change.

I would also check to see what setting he is using for this config option: create_drawing_dims_only

• Yes - Saves all new driven dimensions created in the drawing inside the drawing as associative draft dimensions.
  • No - Saves driven dimensions created in Drawing mode on solid geometry in the solid.

We've had confusion with this setting in the past. When set to No (Creo default), adding dimensions to the drawing actually gets saved to the Model, not the Drawing. So if the user updated the model in his workspace, he might have lost the changes that way. 

Announcements

Top Tags