cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Duplicate object created on save (New Part Request)

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Duplicate object created on save (New Part Request)

Two users have confirmed this and I have seen this before years ago I believe with change objects. The user was creating a new part request object. Two were created as a result at exactly the same time and two workflows were spawned. As I have seen this before with other wizards, was there a fix or should this be filed as ticket to PTC? I cannot say if the user clicked something twice or rapidly. I will try to repeat but system should not allow multiple objects to be created if the user gets click happy waiting for response. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

PTC replied back that there is an SPR on this (SPR 1979291) but that duplicate part requests can result if Apply is clicked multiple times before Finish. Each time you click apply, a new part request is created but window remains open. When you close with Finish, it creates the final one.  At least we know what triggers it and can avoid it until SPR is closed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

its worth to check the Apache access log, if two requests were generated by the client machine 

Fede
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

issue tracked with TS IN C17323941

Fede
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

PTC replied back that there is an SPR on this (SPR 1979291) but that duplicate part requests can result if Apply is clicked multiple times before Finish. Each time you click apply, a new part request is created but window remains open. When you close with Finish, it creates the final one.  At least we know what triggers it and can avoid it until SPR is closed.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Ok, here is a head scratcher. What say you? The SPR was closed with a note "as working to specification". Seems the user should know not to hit apply multiple times before finish.  I replied in disagreement that this cannot be as intended. Awaiting response.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I would say that Apply should create the new object, leave the wizard open, but erase the original entered  data so an additional new object(s) can be created. Finish should create the object and close the wizard.

Top Tags