cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

EBOM to MBOM transformation problem in MPM Link 11.1

aovsyanik
8-Gravel

EBOM to MBOM transformation problem in MPM Link 11.1

Hello!

I maintain Windchill 11.1 in an enterprise. I need to introduse MPM Link for technologists.
The license is installed, but I cannot transform EBOM to MBOM. New Downstream Branch and Downstream Part command not available.in right click menu in Manufacturing associative Part Structure Browser. 
Also I cannot create a new Process Plan. Help identify the cause of the my problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a solution. The error was in the inconsistency of the names of the views (design, manufacturing). MPM Link was looking for names of views "design" and "manufacturing". But in Windchill it was renamed into russian lang terms "конструкторская","производственная". I renamed them back and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Also i have notification:

Newly acquired Windchill license was updated on 2021-11-03 09:18:09 GMT. There are updates to license entitlements.

I noticed from your screenshots, that the wcadmin user is being used, and seems to belong to the MPMLink license profile group (and perhaps others?).  The wcadmin user should not belong to any license profile groups, so maybe check that first. Regular users yes, but not the site admin wcadmin user.

For instances where actions/menu items, are greyed out, or missing, I often find using the jcaDebug method of user interface troubleshooting, useful, as it helps tell you what his disabling a menu action.  ex.  (role based check... validator check...etc)

Most of the time, it is due to role based check, which often also means license profiles.

Knowledge article about jcaDebug troubleshooting:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS30223

You probably should open a Support case for this issue, but before you do, I'd make sure wcadmin is not a member of any of the license profile groups.

Mike C.

MichaelChatel, thanks a lot. I have removed wcadmin from all groups but nothing has changed. I will try jcaDebug. Does affect on the visibility of menu items  these post instalation  settings

http://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCInstall_WCMPMLinkPostInstall.html 

There is a solution. The error was in the inconsistency of the names of the views (design, manufacturing). MPM Link was looking for names of views "design" and "manufacturing". But in Windchill it was renamed into russian lang terms "конструкторская","производственная". I renamed them back and it worked.

Top Tags