cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ECAD WGM without InterComm?

KMV
2-Guest
2-Guest

ECAD WGM without InterComm?

I would like to install the ECAD WGM client without installing InterComm Expert.We don't need to have ECAD visualization now (afforded by InterComm), but want the product structure building and WTPart creation in Windchill (afforded by the ECAD WGM). We are looking to integrate with Zuken.

Has anybody installed the ECAD WGM client in a WC 9.1 environment without InterComm Expert being installed?

Thanks,

Kirk

3 REPLIES 3
PaulReiff
1-Newbie
(To:KMV)

Hi Kirk,

in January I wanted to do the same and I simply gave a fake (C:\ptc\intercommFakeDir) when the ECAD WGM install wizzard asked for the installation path of intercomm expert. There may be same warnings on ECAD WGM startup but it should work anyway.

Once the installer is through, you can switch off the viewable generation (which is the main purpose of the Intercomm Expert integration to the ECAD WGM) on check-in under File->Preferences->User->Design Preferences->Upload Board/Schematic Viewable

Good luck and kind regards

Paul

jtjohnson
5-Regular Member

Generating the viewable is just one of the things Intercomm does for the
ECAD WGM. It can also used to extract the BOM from either the schematic
or the board design.

KMV
2-Guest
2-Guest

Thanks for the reply Paul and Jeff. We ended up just installing InterComm Expert without a license (in its "limited functionality" mode). This will allow the ECAD WGM to use it to extract the BOM at least.

We are okay with not getting ECAD viewables right now.

Thanks,
Kirk
Top Tags