Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESI not completing on CN

SOLVED
Highlighted
Moonstone

ESI not completing on CN

In my Windchill 11 system after I complete a CN, ESI never completes.  It just sits in a running state at Post Release.  It worked in my Windchill 10.2 system.  I copied my ESI.xml file and I also copied my folder structure to my new server with the same path information.  What am I missing?

9-5-2017 10-53-26 AM.jpg

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ESI not completing on CN

After digging really deep with the person who helped me set up my system 6 years ago, we found that we had changed the Release to Manufacturing template because of a call we opened for an issue back then.  We had to add userName="<wc_admin_user>" to the Release robot.  This was due to the Transaction Log not being created.  Once I added this back in since there was a new iteration of the workflow in the Windchill 11, it works again.

3 REPLIES 3

One thing to note is that if I create the CN as an Admin it will complete.  If it is a regular user it will not complete.

Did you check the log files?  After your second message, it sounds like a permission error, perhaps?  Maybe there is a failed queue entry in one of the wf queues.  And if you fix the permission error, then you can reset the queue entry and it will continue to process.

After digging really deep with the person who helped me set up my system 6 years ago, we found that we had changed the Release to Manufacturing template because of a call we opened for an issue back then.  We had to add userName="<wc_admin_user>" to the Release robot.  This was due to the Transaction Log not being created.  Once I added this back in since there was a new iteration of the workflow in the Windchill 11, it works again.