cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Enable Revision history for Windchill change requests

ptc-4901412
4-Participant

Enable Revision history for Windchill change requests

On the Change Request Information Page, the history tab does not show revision history of the change request.  Per the KB it appears that this can be enabled: Revision History—controlled by a preference; the default is No

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/whc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/ChgMgmtChangeRequestInfoPageRef.html

How do I set this so the revision history for a chagne request will be visable.  I will want to do that same thing for problem reports, promotion requests, chance notice, and variances.

Basically I want to see history if someone edits one of these objects, for example the title or description of a promotion request is modified 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to be the site admin.  There is a preference in the Change Management area named Change Modification Tracking.  If you change it to Yes then the user can revise the change object.  It doesn't look like it records the change automatically which is what it sounds like you want.

That would be nice.  I would like that but it doesn't look like you can add notes to that Revise page to indicate what you changed.  It just records what it looks like at that point.  Unless I missed it, that feature doesn't give you the ability to just show what changed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You have to be the site admin.  There is a preference in the Change Management area named Change Modification Tracking.  If you change it to Yes then the user can revise the change object.  It doesn't look like it records the change automatically which is what it sounds like you want.

That would be nice.  I would like that but it doesn't look like you can add notes to that Revise page to indicate what you changed.  It just records what it looks like at that point.  Unless I missed it, that feature doesn't give you the ability to just show what changed.

ptc-4901412
4-Participant
(To:STEVEG)

If I have the ability to view what it was at version 1 and then again at version 2 I think that will meet my need.  Having the ability to see each snapshot and knowing who made the change and when should be okay.

Thanks for the reply I will ask the site admin to make the change in test so I can test it out and see how it works.

Then as long as you can get your users to revise it you should be good.

Top Tags