cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Enable audit recording for custom utility that downloads the PDF represenations

Sri
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Enable audit recording for custom utility that downloads the PDF represenations

We have a custom utility using which we can download the PDF representations in bulk.

We are downloading the representation using the API  :

RepresentationHelper.service.getDefaultRepresentation()

We have enabled the audit logging for Download (READ_CONTENT) and View(VIEW) events  in the file configAudit.xml

We need to have this information logged in the audit report.

Is it possible accomplish this ?

Thanks,

Srikanth

4 REPLIES 4
schen-7
14-Alexandrite
(To:Sri)

Suggest to take a test for it. 

I think /wt.representation.ViewEvent/VIEW event will be called when user views the representation.

But I am not sure if the /wt.content.ContentServiceEvent/READ_CONTENT event will be called when customization utility to get representation. Thanks.

Sri
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:schen-7)

Thanks for the response.

We tried with the API VisualizationHelper.getRepresentation()  to download the default representation. However we dont see any events recorded in the audit report.

Regards,

Sri

schen-7
14-Alexandrite
(To:Sri)

So the  /wt.content.ContentServiceEvent/READ_CONTENT event  will not be invoked when downloading representation. The event seems to only for WTDocument content download action. I search many PTC materials and don't find presentation download event. Suggest to add customized code in download page code to record download times

Sri
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:schen-7)

We tried to generate the URL using the methods getViewContentURL() and getDownloadURL() from the class  ContentHelper to see if any event is generated.

We tried to get the URL and on opening the URL in the browser, the View event is triggered and its logged in security audit report .These was a manual steps but must be automated from the code .

We tried to open a http connection to the generated url and however this doesnt work and doesnt trigger any events
Any other suggestions on the approach ?

Top Tags