cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Enable other engineers access to former employee's workspace

IA_9277024
4-Participant

Enable other engineers access to former employee's workspace

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M020-CPS02

An employee recently quit - how can another engineer access the former employee's workspace to continue the work from where they left off? The former employee's domain account has already been disabled.

As a Windchill administrator can I navigate to the target workspace folder and move files over to another user's workspace?

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:IA_9277024)

You can force a check-in of their files but not move the files to another workspace.

If you have the former employee's Windchill login, you can login as them and do the check-in and then remove the workspace(s).

When I know someone is leaving, I make sure that they check everything in as part of their termination process.

Depending on how large your user population is, work with the manager or HR on putting this as an item in the termination procedure.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:IA_9277024)

The easiest way is just to have I.T. reset their password and then let the other designer log in as the user who left long enough to clean up and check in their data.  Once the user's domain account is disabled, there's not much you can do (assuming Windchill is integrated with the domain)

Hello IA_9277024,

Have the information shared been helpful somehow?

Did you try to checkin using wcadmin login?

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags