cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Enable publish rules for PROE error

mspencer
5-Regular Member

Enable publish rules for PROE error

I am following CS111916 for creating additional file types for Creo documents.  I want to also publish PDF and DXF along with our current PLT. 

I get an error when running the command: xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules=ARBORTEXT PROE -t codebase\wvs.properties -p

0 [main] ERROR com.ptc.windchill.structconf.StructConfManager - Extra unrecognized arguments: "PROE"

Am i missing a step beforehand?  Or is there something the CS is not explaining?

Thanks, Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:mspencer)

Max Spencer wrote:

I am following CS111916 for creating additional file types for Creo documents.  I want to also publish PDF and DXF along with our current PLT.

I get an error when running the command: xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules=ARBORTEXT PROE -t codebase\wvs.properties -p

0 [main] ERROR com.ptc.windchill.structconf.StructConfManager - Extra unrecognized arguments: "PROE"

Am i missing a step beforehand?  Or is there something the CS is not explaining?

Max: You are missing quotes around the values (since they contain a space) for publish.usesPublishRules. The xconfmanager command should be:

xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules="ARBORTEXT PROE" -t codebase/wvs.properties -p

And since you are only post publishing for Creo you don't need ARBORTEXT so in your case the xconfmanager command could actually be:

xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules=PROE -t codebase/wvs.properties -p

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:mspencer)

Max Spencer wrote:

Max: You are missing quotes around the values (since they contain a space) for publish.usesPublishRules. The xconfmanager command should be:

xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules="ARBORTEXT PROE" -t codebase/wvs.properties -p

And since you are only post publishing for Creo you don't need ARBORTEXT so in your case the xconfmanager command could actually be:

xconfmanager -s publish.usesPublishRules=PROE -t codebase/wvs.properties -p

mspencer
5-Regular Member
(To:RandyJones)

Thanks Randy!  I wish PTC would update this in their documentation.

Top Tags