cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error publishing to pdf as additional file type

ehowanice
11-Garnet

Error publishing to pdf as additional file type

For quite some time we've been able to publish pdf files of CAD drawings as an additional file type pdf.  Just recently the publish to pdf is failing, the plt file does publish correctly. I checked the two wvs.properties that PTC originally provided us that are required for publishing the pdfs, they are correct.  PTC also provided an xml file to place in the CreoView Configuration utility. The file is still there.

The error message in the worker log file is as follows:

proe2pv Error:2033: Failed to add file "C:/ptc/pv_share/w1i1j1/PDF_test_drw.pdf" to zip file - sopen

I've looked at PTC tech support for this error, can not find this specific issue.  There are a few topics regarding error 2033 for publishing other types of formats but they don't mention any specific fixes regarding the zip file failure.

Would appreciate if anyone out there has any ideas of what to try next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ehowanice)

I believe you need to change the service for the WorkerDaemon by checking allow to interact with the desktop. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS266114?source=search

The article above shows how to call debug options.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

To narrow this down, can you describe what changed? Was there any changes to the worker configuration, config.pro files, Creo version, Windchill version. If no to all those, then possibly the data being provided has changed? Are users providing different drawings to be published that are different somehow? Could be as simple as a logo change. Seems like message is not about the zip but that the PDF failed to be created. See if it actually does get created and is openable. 

The windchill system (application, sql and publisher) had to be restored last week from a Veeam backup by Corporate IT.  Since the restore I have not made changes to the system.  As a test I tried creating a simple drawing on a current format.  During checkin here is what I see in the worker temp file:

worker.jpg

To further complicate matters, in rare cases the pdf file will publish, but I so far I don't see any pattern for these rare occurrences.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Was anything reported in the Creo trail file or .out files?  If its a sometimes issue, that sounds less like a configuration setup issue. If it was that, it would work consistently or not work at all.  You can also try running in foreground mode where you can see Creo operating. There is also additional debug logging that can be enabled. There should be a file in worker folder with debug options.

In the trail file, here is the only reference to pdf:

!%CIPDF file is being created...
!%CIPDF file has been created.

Nothing unusual in the std.out file. I'll attempt next trying to run in graphics mode with debuging. I've only used that quite a few years ago with PTC tech support.  Looking quickly on ptc support, I'm not finding instructions for  it.

Antonio,

By any chance do you recall how to start the creo worker in the foreground ?  Seen it done long time ago but don't recall the procedure.  I do have a debug_options.txt file in the proe_setup directory also trying to figure out how that comes in play.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

I believe you need to change the service for the WorkerDaemon by checking allow to interact with the desktop. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS266114?source=search

The article above shows how to call debug options.

Top Tags