cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Exactly which OS/SQL Server does Windchill10.0 support/require ?

KenLassesen
1-Newbie

Exactly which OS/SQL Server does Windchill10.0 support/require ?

The announcement mentioned SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008. Am I correct that this covers all of the following:

• SQL Server 2008 (32 + 64 bit)
  • SQL Server 2008 R2 (32 + 64 bit)
  • Windows Server 2008 (32+64 bit)
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)

Second, I am correct to assume that following are not recommended/supported for 10.0

• Windows Server 2003 (32+64 bit)
  • SQL Server 2005

Thank for the clarification!

3 REPLIES 3
egifford
4-Participant
(To:KenLassesen)

Ken,

The Windchill 10 Software Matrices are the best place to get this information (attached). In short, the answer to what you posted would be something along the lines of "not exactly". It appears as though for Windchill 10 PTC is supporting only 64 bit versions of Windows Server and the R2 relase of SQL server 2008.

Erik

Ken,

The SQL server needs to be MS SQL 2008 R2. My Windchill 9.1 M030 database is running on a MS SQL 2008 server. When I tried to setup the new WC 10.0 database on the same server the MSI installer yelled at me.

So I configured a new 2008 R2 SQL server. A little tip, make sure that the SQL server is cofigured with the correct collation (SQL_LATIN_1_General_CP1_CS_AS). The install went as expected once I had that server up and running.

If you ever need help writing MS SQL T-SQL scripts for your Windchill database let me know. I am very intimate with this database. PTC's tech support likes to send you T-SQL statements that are meant for Oracle, and they don't account for the fact that the MS SQL database needs to have the scheme name in front of the tables when running select, delete, or update statements.

- Patrick

Hi Patrick, in your opinions, what's the pro /cons by switching to SQL server on the performance stand point?

Thanks

Top Tags