cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Excel Winchill Attributes

jasoncapper
3-Visitor

Excel Winchill Attributes

We currently run with PDMLink for all of our Creo and AutoCAD documents, and recently we have implemented this for all of our words documents related to manufacturing, ie paint procedures, test procedures etc. Templates within Windchill are not set up for our organisation, and this cannot be changed. So for word documents, I have created a number of standard word templates and used the DocProperties that are mapped via Desktop Integration to windchill properties. Upon loading the document in to Winchill, these DocProperties update and fill out the required fields. This is working perfectly.

I would like to recreate this for excel format documents. Just a front sheet will do, so that we have a visual recognition of document numbers etc when they are issued for production to our workshop and external suppliers. However, I only seem to be able to insert these attributes once the document has been loaded in to Windchill. This means each time, the user would need to re-insert these attributes. This defeats the point of a standard template.

I'm going round in circles on this one, has anyone any experience of this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Jason

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags