cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Execute OData Requests in Background Method Server

xolomon
12-Amethyst

Execute OData Requests in Background Method Server

Dear all,

the requests to the OOTB and Custom OData Rest Endpoints are executed per default in the MethodServer context. We would like to implement a Custom Odata Rest Endpoint which should be executed in the Background Method Server Context, due to the concerns regarding the performance. Is there a way to configure \ customize the Odata Rest Endpoints such that they can be executed in the Background Method Server context?

We have a Cluster Configuration with Dedicated Cluster Master and LoadBalancer Hardware. 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

This is a great idea! It would be awesome to have a dedicated BG method server specifically for the ODATA requests. I don't know if this is possible or not, so please reply if you have any info.

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:xolomon)

It would be great, I hope there’s a solution. 
Perhaps it’s possible to find out which queue executes the WRS, then you can change the group which the queue belongs to, and set the property (wt.queue.queueGroup) of the node in your cluster which will process that queue group. WVS and ESI queues are assigned to the bgms in a cluster this way, maybe the same logic can work for WRS?

Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:rhart)

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but WRS are invoked through URLs, therefore the calls / requests are treated by a foreground method server.

Since your environment is a cluster, then you can have a dedicated node for those requests.Of course, you would have to trick the hosts file of machines that send the requests to bypass the LB.

Otherwise, but I didn't think much on this, having a dedicated Apache (listening another port) that forwards to a dedicated foreground MS.
Not sure it's doable though.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
Top Tags